Jason's guest solos
Posted by Symbolic 
Jason's guest solos
October 30, 2009 09:34AM
Hey,
as far as I know, Jason did some guest solos on "Saturation Point" and "Jewel" or are there more tracks in this album where he had made some input?
Can anybody tell me the exact parts of the songs where Jason is playing?
Re: Jason's guest solos
October 30, 2009 01:31PM
Yeah, I played all the good parts. HA HA! It should specify in the CD credits.

Jason
October 30, 2009 02:02PM
Thank you for your reply.
Indeed, it is specified in the credits.

Saturation Point: Jason Becker guest solos 4th section, Left channel in 7th channel trade-offs
Jewel: Jason Becker 1st and 4th solos

But I don't really know where these parts are exactly, especially for Saturation point.

For Jewel I suppose 0:06 to 1:15 (1st solo) which is obvious and 2:57 to 3:02 (4th solo). You were always the one who sweeped a lot so it's quite clear in this track I think or am I mistaken?
Btw, I think Jewel would have been a better track for your album "Perpetual Burn" (greatest instrumental album ever), I read you once had made a bet with Marty who is going to get the track. winking smiley
October 30, 2009 02:22PM
Hmm...I don't remember what I played in "Saturation Point." I will have to listen again.
Yeah, in "Jewel" you can kind of tell by the tone, and I used a little whammy bar.

I did want "Jewel" badly, but it was more of Marty's tune. My playing on that song is among my personal favorites. Our bet for who got the song was on a football game; he bet on the Redskins and I bet on the 49ers, damn Redskins! Thanks.

Jason
October 30, 2009 02:46PM
I have listened to "Saturation Point" again and I think the solo from 1:54 to 2:31 or 2:35 is from you, but I can't figure out properly the second one.

The first solo in "Jewel" is also one of my favorite ones, especially the sweeping at the end is just awesome, I think. It's very interesting that "Jewel" is more of Marty's tune, I always thought your style dominates the song and the song's atmosphere would suit perfectly for your album "Perpetual Burn".

It's so great to chat with one of my biggest idols, thank you very much for your answers. smiling smiley
And sorry for my English, I know it is not the best.
November 01, 2009 07:57AM
Hahaha jason if he had bet on the redskins today you would have definitely won.
January 12, 2010 10:59PM
I really lke this cd its like a mellow version of cacaphony....i mean its still intense but i think starting to learn this album would help make it easyer when moveing on to spped metal symphony and go off!
September 01, 2013 03:05PM
You know Marty says you flipped a coin in his webside smiling smiley His memory seems to fail..

By the way i really wonder, which album of Marty's is your favorite? He says everything he did musically is inspired by you because it better be cool smiling smiley I wonder if there is any song that you think is the coolest?
September 02, 2013 01:06PM
I think we had a couple different things like that. He may be right in this case.

I love everything on his Scenes album. I also love Thunder March. There are so many brilliant songs.
September 02, 2013 04:55PM
You know I was sure that you are gonna name my favorite album when asking that smiling smiley

Thanks for answering so fast..
November 04, 2013 04:24PM
I think Dragon's Kiss needed Jewel, Perpetual Burn not.
Well, I said it.
April 18, 2014 02:32PM
I just watch interview about Martys' new album INFERNO and he told that there's one song that is made with you. I really really wait to hear that song and definetly will buy this album. He also mentioned that You have project that he's involved. Is that true?

By:

-Mad-Mike-
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login